Skip to main content

Welcome Midsummer




Well its Midsummer and Sunday is the longest daylight of the year for us.
That is also Fathers day here in the US.
Plan to spend the day with my dad, we have been keeping our safe distances. I wish everyone would. Here in Oklahoma they are having a rise in Covid-19 cases, especially in Tulsa. I've been keeping at home only going out to go grocery shopping.
Have to admit it was tough at first adjusting to all this and can say I've finally have.

I've been doing mostly Knitting and crocheting with just a little sewing but now I my creative MoJo is back and I have so many projects running through my head and can't wait to get busy.

But right now I'll just show what I have completed since the last time I posted in April.
Oh and by the way the beginning of this  month marked the 9th year of this blog. Hard to believe but I have also have plans for my blog and will share that soon but for now it's but to show and tell

 Here is the knitting FO.

May #Freesocks2020

Cowl

My pattern for slippers. This pattern was taught to me when I was 8 by my Aunt and I have been knitting ever since.
I have the pattern posted in the tutorial tab up on the top.

A hat



Crochet FO


Vayu shawl from the PomPom magazine.



Sewing FO


A top for myself


And finally a project bag for my piecework.





That is what I have picture for .

The month of May also brought some sadness for our home  
we lost our friend and companion of 13 years 
Pete
He was such a big part of our lives and was so friendly with everyone who came to the house


We miss him very much

Comments

  1. Sorry about your dear pet Pete. Wonderful projects you have been busy. I particularly fell in love with the shawl. Such a wonderful pattern. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much but I'm nowhere near as busy as you have been. Your internet must still be working. I hope you to have a good weekend

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about your fur child; it's so sad when they go. He was lucky to have you as his family. You've been very industrious during coronavirus. So many great projects. I especially like the project bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet thought and I hope your furry friends are with you for many years to come. Your place is so pretty and you have been very busy yourself with your yard. Pretty inside and out

      Delete
  3. Congrats on 9 years as a blogger. You have been busy and made some lovely things. So sorry for your loss of dear Pete! Our fur-children are a very important part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes our fur kids are. It hasn't felt like I've gone much, so thank you very much for your compliment. I'm looking forward to many more years of blogging.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about Pete, have two cats myself and can not imagine not having them around any more. Lovely knitting projects. Love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t