Skip to main content

All's Good

 I'm back and doing well. I'm sorry I've been awol for the past 3 months. So much has change but all for the good. My treatments ended the end of April and I made it. I was so happy they were over and wanted to get back to a routine and start exercising that I over did it and had to slow down and allow my body some time to recover from all that I had been through the past 10 months.

Well that is what I did and this past month I have been able to see some results. My energy, stamina and attitude has improved for the better, I'm getting there. Have aways to go but I'm determined to get back to my new normal.

My creativity is coming back to and I just want to do so much more than I have time...


I'll share a few right now

I thought I would show the bags I made for RSC 2021 that is over on So Scrappy.

Purple was Junes color and I had this embroidered table runner that said mainly purple to me. I wished that the crocheted edging was also purple but I wanted to still use it.

I purchased this years ago at an antique shop, don't remember how much but I don't think it was much


As you can see it has a few stains



So what I did was cut it in half. I could of cut out the stains but I plan on doing a fold over casting so I figure they will not show after I'm done. And it did work out.


I also thought about trimming off the edging because it was pink but just couldn't. It was so pretty and thought it would be a nice touch to see it. So I stitched right next to the edging.


Instead of using a cording for the tie I thought make a tie from some gingham would add a nice touch to. Was going to use the same fabric for the lining but decided against it because the fabric of the table runner was pretty heavy linen and didn't need a lining.


I used some a scrap I had to put on the end of the ties


Isn't the embroidery work so pretty.




I am really happy with how it turned out. This is one of my favorite bags I have.



This next bag is for the month of May and the color Red



Since I plan on doing Christmas in July MAL on Instagram I wanted a Christmas bag for a project I am going to make for the MAL
This is a small draw string bag using a pattern I found online.
Using strips that are sewn diagonally. Was easy to put together but for some reason I'm not that impressed with it.
It will work for what I need



The project I have is a kit for a Christmas Peerie Pouch.
Comes with the yarn and pattern. The yarn is naturally dyed wool from Shetland with locally ground plants.




The yarns are so pretty


Bob feels he needs to be in the photos lately.


One last thing, it feel so good to be writing again, wanting to write, having clear thoughts again. There is something to the phrase "chemo brain"
But that is not what I wanted to say. 
This month June was my 10 year Blogiversary. A lot has gone on these past 10 years and I look forward to the next 10.

Till Next Time

Kat

Comments

  1. So nice to see your post this evening. I traveled your chemo journey back in 2011 and certainly understand chemo brain. Even today, every once in a while it rears it head back up and I am at a lost for the word I wanted. That said, it is little to deal with when you have your good health again. Blessings on you and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling more yourself. It was a delight to see your post. I just love the embroidery bag, what a delight. Every blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is so pretty, what a great way to repurpose that delightful embroidery piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Kathleen that is the most wonderful news that all has gone well for you and you are feeling stronger and well......so please to see you back sewing and even better blogging also..........if your up for it we are zoom sewing Friday your time.......check back a couple of blog posts for the details............
    cute projects....great use for the stained runner.......such pretty stitching on it.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bags, good to read you are getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty bags and so good to read you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t