Skip to main content

No Finishes, all WIPs

Today I got to stay home and was able to get a few things done. 
Besides cleaning the house I was also able to layout the blocks to my Boho  Ornament Afghan that I started a couple months ago.



I don't remember if I posted any photos here on the blog but I did on Instagram. 
Which reminds me, I need to learn how to put a link to my Instagram here on the blog


Now all I have left to do is to attach all the blocks together. I'm using grey yarn that I had leftover from another project 



Now the first picture shown is of the floor where I laid them out thinking about how I wanted my blocks arranged. 
But I decided to put it up on the design wall for couple of reasons: first the cats. You just can't leave anything laying around with cats in the house. Second was in a couple hours I was having the telephone company, who provides our internet to the house, they are going redo the line for the modem. Put it closer to the TV.



It was located in the sewing room which is far from the TV and there were times when you would be watching Netflix or YouTube and it would buffer or just totally lose connection. They came and did that. 

 I had get to a couple of things done to get ready for the cold snaps we're supposed to be having this weekend. I made sure that the stove was cleaned out of most of the ashes. And then I had to bring in some wood so I could get a fire started. Because I hadn't this morning due to the fact that was just so nice outside. Today it was in the 50s but very, very windy . 

This afternoon I wanted to sew on something but I didn't wanna start a new project and I really didn't know which WIP I wanted to work on.

 So I just grab the first thing I saw which was a stack of blue squares I had cut out for a Quilt top. Our stitch group had started doing this one together. 


 That's what I worked on this afternoon.


I decided this evening while watching TV that I was gonna go ahead and try to finish up sewing down the binding on the snowman quilt instead of starting the assembling of the boho ornament Afghan 

Being that it's supposed to be in the twenties tomorrow and a little bit warmer on Sunday I believe I'll get to it sometime this weekend, knowing I'll be inside staying warm.  


Yeah 3 eggs today.


Comments

  1. Loved the beautiful mix of colour in the Boho blanket, I am looking forward to seeing it with its border all linked together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think I had all those colors in my stash. I’m trying hard to use all my stash up. Am making a dent but still have plenty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jewel tones in your Boho pieces. You've got lots of beautiful projects in the works. Hope you got in some good stitching time since it was so cold this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t