Skip to main content

Friday Finishes...... Finally

I have been wanting to write a post for the past couple weeks and just haven't got around to it till now. These past few weeks have been a little challenging for me. My mom have had many doctor appointments and one of them was to see the Oncologist to go over her CT scan. They found spots, small ones, on her lungs. And she'll have another scan in March to see if they were just due to an illness she had couple months ago or if the cancer has come back. Fingers crossed with many prayers.

 That kind of preoccupied my time but I was able to get a few things done and wanted to share what I had finish. 



I did finish the binding on the snowman quilt. 






Also finished The Boho Ornament Afghan 



I really liked how it turned out But I can say this will be the only one I will make. It wasn't bad it was just hard to attach all the oblong blocks together,  very awkward to do and became time consuming . 








But like I said I really like how it turned out.  
Now you'll probably think this is kind of foolish or funny but after all that work for this afghan, this one is going in my car. I think it will look very pretty in my car. The interior of my car is grey which I think will go very well.
I like to put many comfy things in my car like pillows, throws and banners. I've even decorated the interior of the car for Christmas. I can get away with it cause I have a Subaru Forester and have empty back seat and cargo area.

Have woven a scarf for my mom 








and a wrap for a friend of mine who is dealing with chemo treatments.

Very little sewing is going on but did do a little and one thing I did finish is a cover for my middle daughter's Kitchen-aid mixing bowl.



She picked out the fabric and is so sweet.  She is into making decorative cookies. 

So there is what I was able to finish this past month.

No not yet, I forgot the books I finished.

My goal for the year is to at least have 6 books read by the end of the year and I'm off to a good start.

Finished 2



I loved it. I learned so much about her and her family. Best part was she was the one narrating. If you haven't yet read it give it a thought. Besides it's not a tell all political book, refreshing

The Little Book of Lykke audiobook cover art

This is the second book I've read of the author, first was 
The Little Book of Hygge.
I have read them both and learned some very helpful tips on being in more happiness into my life.


Linking up with confessions of a fabric addict

Comments

  1. Your Mum will be in my prayers. Love the Snowman quilt, it looks amazing. I was also impressed with the throw, a wonderful array of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. De gehaakte worp prachtig, wat zal het gezellig zijn in je auto.
    Sterkte voor je moeder.
    Groetnis Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is an impressive afghan, I love it!!! beautiful work! and if it will add hygge to your car, LOVELY!!! we are reading a similar book in our book club this month! so we are supposed to bring some hygge to the meeting! and comfort food this time! and YOU are doing hygge for others which adds to yours!! take care and happy creating from Iowa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Chemo is so rough :( look like good books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t