Skip to main content

What’s Up these days, challenges



 Again life has taken an odd turn and this year for so many of us it hasn’t been for the better.

We all have had to change so much of our lives dealing with COVID-19. Many countries are doing fair, a lot better than here in the US. 

And I understand everyone is so tired of this all but I’m afraid we have a way to go before it’s better. Like so many we haven’t seen our grandsons since February. 

I know my lost and challenges are not as bad as others but is better  compared to some. Beside being home bound, we lost our pet after many years.

Lost my step mother to cancer in the beginning of this year and was hoping to take dad out to travel some to help with his grief but that never happened. 

And for some time I was having issues, health issues and was putting it off because of dealing with what my step mother needed. I then waited a few months after her death because of the virus before being comfortable going to the doctor. Well after some tests she found polyps in my uterus and needed to have them removed. 

That went fine but found out they were precancerous and needed to have a hysterectomy. 

That surgery went well too but the lab results said there was cancer. 

Now I need to have another test and than another surgery to remove lymph nodes. Very low chance it spread but need to make sure. And than radiation. 

The prognosis is good. But still have a bit to go through. After watching my stepmom go through her cancer for the past 3 years I’m not in the mood for this. But I have no choice do I.

I am so ready for this year to be over and believe I’m not alone. My heart goes out for those who lost a love ones too, dealing with the fires and bad weather. 

I pray for everyone effected along with prayers for my problems  

I had intended to show some of what I’ve done but I’ll do that in another post, one that will fun and uplifting.  

I need to busy myself.  

Till next time

Kat


Comments

  1. And I've been complaining about my vertigo and loss of balance? I'm ashamed after reading your post. I'll be praying for you; really, I will! I look forward to seeing the goodies you'll show us in your next post. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make sure you get that checked out, it could be serious.

      Delete
  2. You are in my prayers, hope all goes well with the treatment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year, eh? Please hang in there! Hugs from Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry for so many losses you've had this year. Know that you are loved, and appreciated in the blog world. Faith will help you through. When I had cancerous uterus, 2001, and had it out, my faith sure helped me have a positive attitude about the outcome. And I'm still here, and kicking! My prayers are with you, and will be with you into the future. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not from an oncoming train! Blessings to you and yours. J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words and thank you for your prayer. Many blessings for you

      Delete
  5. Oh Kathleen I wish you well for your health issues..... 2020 has tested many of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy has it. I’m ready for 2021 and pray it’s nowhere near what 2020’s been

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t