Skip to main content

2021 hooray




(Forgot I wrote this last month January)


 I know I’m a little late but heck that seems to be the story of my life. 

Hope all is well for you all and that everyone one of us have a better year than the last. 

I had so many plans for December and none of them were able to happen. I knew that chemo could change plans and it did. It’s not all bad but on the good days I just wanted to focus on getting better and not make videos or write.

 Then we had a Covid-19 scare when “the man of the place” took ill. He took the test and thank God it was negative. Plus was I blessed by not getting sick. He was able to be quarantine that week while we waited for the results. Took 4 days and that was one of the longest 4 days..

This treatment #3 has been less taxing on my body so here I am checking in. Next Thursday 14th is #4. There are 6 all together, which means I’m made halfway. 

Besides being fatigued, I’m having the side effect of numbness and tingling in my hands and feet.  Worst right after treatment  but mostly fades away by the second week. So haven’t been able to do a lot of handwork.

I had purchased a skein of yarn just for Christmas advent, the idea was to knit a row of color each day from the 1st until Christmas. You will then have a pair of socks completed. I’m pretty close to being done.

Seeing how it can hurt to knit at times I decided that I would warp the loom when I had the energy to. So this week that is what I’ve been doing.  I messed up some with placement on the heddle. I figured I had enough yarn to do a warp fully across the heddle but no. I took a chance because I didn’t do the math of figuring out how much length needed. But it all work out.

I’m making myself a wrap/shawl to have for chemo treatment because it can be cold in the treatment room  

UPDATED February 19


Well I had #4 last month and it kicked my butt. I was so fatigued and the numbness and tingling in my fingers and feet was intense and was still present at the time of the next treatment #5. My doctor did not like the fact that it had gone away this time so he said that I had had enough treatments and if we were to do anymore there was a chance it could become permeant.  Goal was 4 but could do one or two more as long as my body could tolerate the drugs. So he reassured me I had what was needed and next is the radiation.

This past week I have been feeling more like myself and have more energy.

I still have some side effects in my hands and feet but it is getting better.  Been 5 weeks since last treatment. 

Next week I get a CT scan and will meet again with the radiologist and thank goodness this fridge blast will be done and some of the snow will be gone. I really like the snow and hate to see it go but not the really low temps.

I want to share what I've been up to but I'll have to do a separate post tomorrow. Need to get pictures and such

Till tomorrow 

Kat 

Comments

  1. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Thank you for giving us an update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you made it to four chemos. One step at a time, the same as for quilting, knitting and all those projects that you already finished. Your radiation project will be finished, too. Thank you for the updates. I look forward to seeing the Advent socks. Your good health is worth the work and the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for you that you are done with chemo! Radiation isn't so bad, I had a series of that myself. That was in 2002, and I am a survivor! Attitude makes a big difference. Along with prayer! I'll be keeping you in my prayers, Kat. And you can keep me in yours as I get a total hip Monday March 1st. Our bodies are not being nice to us, but we CAN lick this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t