Skip to main content

Cozy November, Quilting and Books

 Figure it’s about time to show some sort of quilting going on. 

But first let’s ravel in a bit of coziness 


My morning….

Sat outside for awhile but was a bit chilly and could only stand it for a little while.

Had to go in and sit next the fire, felt very nice to be next to, nothing like wood heat if you ask me.

Planned my day during that time by the fire and my main goal besides cleaning was to figure out what I should do next  

I had big plans to finish this top before Halloween but that didn’t happen….. 😩


Had the last pieces cut out but just never got back to it. 

So should I continue on with the plan or do what I think I need to focus on. The next quilt I want to work on will be a gift and really need to start, I should of sooner. 




I had seen this on the Missouri Star site and knew this would be perfect for a friend of mine. She had gone through chemo treatments before me for breast cancer and we supported each other through our journey.



I have containers full of 2 1/2 “ strips 


This is just half of what I have.

So seeing how they have been stored for years they are a mess. 

I will starch and iron them before I cut


And seems like these days I can’t do anything without Lovies help


Finally he decided he would just sit on my pile of strips while I pressed.


I know it will take awhile to press them all but I also know that it will make assembling the pieces easier.


I do have a finish to show.

The Pea Ridge Lily quilt is done  




So pretty, this quilt is a display quilt  I never planned on using it…


Now the next one to bind this month is what I call the Cowboy Quilt.


Love the paisley back …..





Not sure of the future of this one   I had originally planned on giving it as a gift but that was like 4 years ago…

Don’t know now …..

Now for books   

I finished Rebecca last month and I throughly enjoyed listening to it..

It was not what I remembered, it was better.

Also finished the short story “The Yellow Wallpaper “  

Found it to be interesting and sad to think how women were treated after childbirth and had any problems..  the treatments given were ridiculous and at times caused more harm than good.


This month read is “Killer of the Flower Moons”


So far I’m liking it a lot..

The movie they are making is being filmed in the same area in Oklahoma that this all took place at .

Comments

  1. Great taste in quilts AND books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty projects! I especially like the Pea Ridge Lily quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finished quilt. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Time with Dots

Welcome to my blog, I hope you can take a moment to check out my blog. Here you will find that I like to share a lot of what happens on my farm here in NE Oklahoma. You get a little of life with cows and chickens, my struggles with growing an organic vegetable garden, canning, cooking and my love for quilting, knitting and most anything that has needlework involved. Plus some.... I love the fact that I can join in on such a fun hop. Thanks goes to our cheerleader Corrie from   Quilt Taffy   She will have the schedule to the entire blog hop. And special thanks to M adame Samm from  Sew WE Quilt for setting this up.  I am sharing my day with these wonderful bloggers Why Knot Kwilt  Stitchin by the Lake Beth @ Plum and June The Recipe Bunny Sunshine Girl Aunt Marti The Fuzzy Hat Quilter Cliodana Now all the formality done, lets get on with what you came for,  a fun project w...

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section        ...

It's for the Birds

WHOO  - WHOO It's my day for 'It's for the birds" blog hop.  Before I start I need to give thanks to our cheerleaders  and If it wasn't for all their hard work this hop would not of happen.  Thank you ladies Now for what you stopped by for. I have a lot of bird related patterns, especially ones that are chickens This quilt I made last year from a pattern in Quiltmania. Then here are a few more patterns I had and thought about doing. But time wasn't on my side for a big project.  You see I'm going to see "the little dudes" next week, it's their first birthday. Blake and Ben, my "little dudes" Can't believe it's been a year already. OK back to topic here.  A couple of years ago while at the Dallas Quilt show I purchased this pincushion.   I thought it was interesting but what I really wanted was the pattern. It came from a shop in Texas,...