Skip to main content

May 22nd through the 28th

 


The beauty of spring Tulips at Utica Square, Tulsa Oklahoma


This week has been a busy one. But that’s the way I like it..... part of the time. 


Monday we had business in Tulsa that took most of the day. We did get to go out and eat which was a bonus. Other than that it was pretty much just  a full day of just taking care of stuff. Was going to go to Costco, but my hip was bothering me so we put it off. 


Tuesday I didn’t have to go anywhere other than I needed to get to the store and the post office which I’m glad I did because I purchased two of the last ferns I needed for the front porch and I got some happy mail.


  

I had ordered some yarn, like I really need anymore, but this was in cotton or cotton linen blends. Something I don’t have any of other than that to make wash cloths out of. I figured I was going to try a few different brands and see which ones I like the best for summer tops. This box here came from knit picks.  

Otherwise, most of my day consisted of cleaning. But I went at a slow pace because I wanted to take it easy on my hip. It was feeling better.



Wednesday my dad and I both had doctor appointments. So usually when that happens, it’s pretty much another all day event at least six hours, over an hour of it is driving to and from my dad’s house. I took a sock WIP with me and was able to work on heels, which it seems to be what I had gotten stuck on. I’ve been making some good progress. It is Sunday as I'm writing this,  but I’ll go ahead and show you what I have done for the whole week as far as working on the socks WIP’s




These 2 pairs I finished the heels, so now it's a matter the foot and toes. Also completed this half of the pair.



A little lace work on these shortie socks.

 

Thursday was "the man of the place" turn to have a doctors appointment, so again we went to Tulsa. After that we went by Goodwill and I just happen to find just one item but it was a good one. It was a pair of circular needle that were Addi's, which is a good brand. Got it for $1.99 when they’re regularly 20 something in the shop. Then after that we went to Costco after putting it off Monday.  I did just fine,  had no problems. Then I wanted to share what I’ve also been working on besides knitting in the evening. That is a wallhanging that I started oh my gosh at least 10 years ago.  



This one I have been in love with since I started on it.  I just enjoy working on it so much....  I don’t understand why it’s not done. I’m going to do some of the last embroidery on it and then after that will be the quilting  


Friday and Saturday we stayed home and spent a good portion of each day getting more planting done. I feel like I'm behind on some things but things are growing along just fine.  

Here is just a couple of the pots, everything is grown in pots this year.

Cucumbers




Lettuce

We are getting a little slow start to warmer temps around here and that’s OK by me. Soon enough it will get hot and humid.


Today, Sunday I gave myself a break from working outside. I focus  mostly on getting the snowman sewn together and you know what... I succeeded. 



He is adorable isn’t he.



 Now he just needs his buttons and accessories sewn on with a little bit of embroidery work, but that won’t take very long. It sure feels good to have him nearly completed. 


This is the next WIP's I plan on working on.


This one is from 2015. 

I'll share more about it next time









Comments

  1. Love the colors you are using for you socks. Congrats on all the progress on your UFOs. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tulips are beautiful..... Not cold enough to grow then where I live...... Nice socks......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t