Skip to main content

Countdown to Autumn 20 Days

 


This morning when I woke it was like a new thought (which of course it wasn't) but the feeling was all the same though.........

There are twenty days remaining until the beginning of fall, which is marked by the autumnal equinox and falls on September 22, 2024. This is calculated from today's date, which is September 2, 2024. This fall lasts 88 days and ends on December 20, 2024.

Autumn arrives this month..... WHAT!!   I want to start preparing. You see here in Oklahoma we will have to wait till next month for those cooler days. September is a transition month. Today what we are feeling outside is a little of what to expect by the end of month. Very pleasant temperature with no humidity.... LOVING IT.

But it won't last, we'll have days of summer and than days of pre-autumn.

Anyway for me, I seem to be envelop in being ready to fully enjoy Autumn, with mindfulness.

My thought is to slowly prepare these next few weeks (which I will share more as clarify my intentions).

I know at this moments I want to do a deep fall cleaning around the house.

Planning activities when October is here.

Decorating towards the end of the month

This is just right now ideas. I'm also thinking of crafting ideas, cooking, etc.

me thinking of so many ideas, hard to hold it all in.


There is one WIP I meant to share yesterday that I forgot about.

That is the temperature blanket I started this year.  

If you haven't heard of this over the past years, it's where you have a color of yarn that represents the years range of temperature. So each day of the year is represented, whether it is either crochet, knitted or even made into a quilt.

I decide to use yarn from the collection National Parks made by Lion Brand as my colors. An acrylic yarn so it will be a very usable blanket.


the chart I made so I can easily find the yarn for that temperature.


I was good at taking pictures the first couple of months 


January


February


March


April


And as of yesterday May and June finished and I'm working on July, catching up.




I'm using just a single crochet for all of this.
Do not remember how many stitches I chained in the beginning.

I am going to try hard to get all caught up by October.

I'll keep you posted.

Till next time.....soon















Comments

  1. Neat temperature blanket--love those colorways--nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, it's September in Oklahoma is really "pre-autumn". We won't see cooler weather till October. At least, we are getting a break from the high heat indexes and warnings we had most of August. Your temperature blanket is looking good. Fingers crossed you can get caught up this month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t