If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Egg Recipe # 26


I wanted to say a few things on about "the girls", it has been extremely hot here and very stressful on them. I had 22 hens last month and within the last month I have lost 3 hens from this blasted heat. Beside the lost of hens the heat also played a toll on egg productions.
Can't blame them.
If you too have chickens and have been dealing with these hot temps. I hope that you are fairing better than I am.


Waffle Egg Sandwich

I had seen a recipe for this on myrecipe.com and thought what a neat idea. Made one and you know what, they are really good. I follow the recipe somewhat but then used what I had on hand. So I had made some waffles and put the leftovers in the freezer. I took two portions out and defrosted them in the microwave.

Ingredients;
egg 
waffle
cheese 
bacon, sausage or canadian bacon

Preheat oven at 400 F.
You will cook your meat and scramble or fry your egg with the yolk thoroughly cook.
Place a waffle on a cookie sheet, top it with egg, then a slice of cheese and then your meat. Top it with another waffle
You will bake for about 4 or 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and waffle a little crisp.
Now the other recipe said to top it with maple syrup but I found that it be too messy. Tasted  wonderful.

 

I have the Best waffle recipe.  I found this one at all recipe. I was looking for a healthier one than the one I had already. It was not heavy or hard. It is light and fluffy very yummy
Submitted By: What a Dish!

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 15 Minutes
Servings: 6

"This filling waffles made with whole wheat flour, flax seed meal, and wheat germ are quite delicious."

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until batter is smooth.
2. Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.




1 comment:

  1. Looks good, but I'd throw some fruit syrup on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...