Skip to main content

Blogtober; two for one 13 &14

 



I apologize for not writing yesterday but absolutely nothing of interest happened yesterday. I had physical therapy in the morning and then went to Costco after that in the afternoon. Came home, took a nap, cook dinner and went to bed early. That was pretty much my day yesterday so I didn’t feel like writing about that. But today was a whole different day.

Early this morning I had an appointment with another type a therapist that was going to check my right leg. I have been having some swelling in my whole leg. The physical therapist I've been going to said it was edema and that I needed to have it checked out. So that’s what I did this morning. Yes I do have a lymphedema and have a 7% increase in size between my right and my left leg, which is not too bad.

The course of action is to wear compression leggings and also do some form of massage to help get the fluid back up. So that’s all good.

  Since I got home at a decent time,  I was able to do some cleaning and then work on a couple projects.

I layered the Halloween table runner that I’m going to give to my youngest daughter, which I will finish tomorrow. 

As you can tell I had a lot of help with it today. Hopefully I won’t have as much help tomorrow. 



Then I cut out some more masks for my daughter to give her this weekend when I see her. My thoughts are is too finish this in the morning and then I will leave later that afternoon.

And since it rained today, it's a soup day. 


Tonight I made Mini Turkey Ball Vegetable Soup that came off of the website Skinnytaste. 





I have liked her recipes so far. Decided I would just go ahead and order a couple of her cookbooks.

 If I can get books used, that is what I do. Was able to get these two books as a used book.

The beginning of this month I had picked out six soup recipes from her website that I’m gonna try this month and we’ve tried two so far. Both of them have been pretty yummy. Usually will print off the recipe because I find it easier to follow than using my iPad in the kitchen. And if I really like a particular chef I will go ahead and purchase the book because I’m one of those people that really like a book. But I try not to get too many cookbooks, I feel too many can become a waste of money.

Till tomorrow 

Kat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t