Skip to main content

Friday Finish

Boy this week went by so fast and a very busy one at it too.
Mom has been getting stronger and lungs sound good. Her new medication has remove a good 10 pounds of fluid. Maybe she can now get back to doing more for longer, I mean keep her out of the hospital.




I did finish the crochet baby blanket during this last time of hospital stay.


Ran out of the white yarn so that decided how big it became.



You can not tell by the picture that it is big enough, even thou it's rectangle instead more square.

After I finished this I started another blanket but it's not a baby.



Hoping it will be big enough to put on a twin bed. I'm using again yarn I had in my stash which means I'm taking a chance that there will not be enough yarn for the size I'm trying for.

This is what I have left 



Right now it measures 40" x 69"



It's a ripple pattern all in double crochet. This one is too big to take now to Doctor visits.



I also finished quilting on my Scandinavian Christmas 



Not in time thou but it is ready for this next Christmas.



This evening I will finish sewing down the binding.

Linking up with


Comments

  1. Busy week for you. Love the baby blanket. I've not seen a shell pattern quite like that and I like the edge finish too. Very pretty and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crochet blankets - really pretty and that Scandinavian Christmas I just love. Hope your mom is recovering - is she still having chemo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your Mom is doing better. Your work is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your mother is doing better. Hopefully she'll be home soon. Very pretty knitting, both projects. Congrats on finishing off the quilting on your Christmas quilt. Hope you can get it all finished this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear your Mums health is improving. Love the crochet work. The colours of the baby blanket are a delight. The Scandinavian quilt is stunning, you are indeed a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Time with Dots

Welcome to my blog, I hope you can take a moment to check out my blog. Here you will find that I like to share a lot of what happens on my farm here in NE Oklahoma. You get a little of life with cows and chickens, my struggles with growing an organic vegetable garden, canning, cooking and my love for quilting, knitting and most anything that has needlework involved. Plus some.... I love the fact that I can join in on such a fun hop. Thanks goes to our cheerleader Corrie from   Quilt Taffy   She will have the schedule to the entire blog hop. And special thanks to M adame Samm from  Sew WE Quilt for setting this up.  I am sharing my day with these wonderful bloggers Why Knot Kwilt  Stitchin by the Lake Beth @ Plum and June The Recipe Bunny Sunshine Girl Aunt Marti The Fuzzy Hat Quilter Cliodana Now all the formality done, lets get on with what you came for,  a fun project w...

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section        ...

It's for the Birds

WHOO  - WHOO It's my day for 'It's for the birds" blog hop.  Before I start I need to give thanks to our cheerleaders  and If it wasn't for all their hard work this hop would not of happen.  Thank you ladies Now for what you stopped by for. I have a lot of bird related patterns, especially ones that are chickens This quilt I made last year from a pattern in Quiltmania. Then here are a few more patterns I had and thought about doing. But time wasn't on my side for a big project.  You see I'm going to see "the little dudes" next week, it's their first birthday. Blake and Ben, my "little dudes" Can't believe it's been a year already. OK back to topic here.  A couple of years ago while at the Dallas Quilt show I purchased this pincushion.   I thought it was interesting but what I really wanted was the pattern. It came from a shop in Texas,...