Skip to main content

What's Up 2-15-18

It's been too long I feel since I shared what's up on the design wall. 
I have been taking a few pictures the past couple of weeks thinking I would have these posted before now, so here is a progression of what I've had up.



The first of the month I did put a border on the spool wall hanging but I haven't decided what to applique on the borders.


Then after organizing my cut up scraps  


You can see that the bottom shelf's that there are 4 tubs of 2 1/2" strips, I have been looking for patterns to make so I can use them up

Came across this pattern that I like


I figure the is a good 15 min pattern too. Very simple and can be stop and started easily.


Then this what my wall looked like earlier this week.


   
This cute bear baby quilt was this month RSC. 
Made all from scraps from the large tub.
I am going to add lollipops to the tummy to look like the Sharing Care Bear.


Comments

  1. I like how you have organized your scraps - I have to get back to doing this one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was impressed by your organisational skills with the scraps. So much achieved, you are on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the that pattern you've got picked out for your scrappy strips. The bear is very cute. You've got some fun projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of nice projects on the go..........hope you can use up some of the 2.5 in strips soon....the pattern looks nice....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Time with Dots

Welcome to my blog, I hope you can take a moment to check out my blog. Here you will find that I like to share a lot of what happens on my farm here in NE Oklahoma. You get a little of life with cows and chickens, my struggles with growing an organic vegetable garden, canning, cooking and my love for quilting, knitting and most anything that has needlework involved. Plus some.... I love the fact that I can join in on such a fun hop. Thanks goes to our cheerleader Corrie from   Quilt Taffy   She will have the schedule to the entire blog hop. And special thanks to M adame Samm from  Sew WE Quilt for setting this up.  I am sharing my day with these wonderful bloggers Why Knot Kwilt  Stitchin by the Lake Beth @ Plum and June The Recipe Bunny Sunshine Girl Aunt Marti The Fuzzy Hat Quilter Cliodana Now all the formality done, lets get on with what you came for,  a fun project w...

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section        ...

It's for the Birds

WHOO  - WHOO It's my day for 'It's for the birds" blog hop.  Before I start I need to give thanks to our cheerleaders  and If it wasn't for all their hard work this hop would not of happen.  Thank you ladies Now for what you stopped by for. I have a lot of bird related patterns, especially ones that are chickens This quilt I made last year from a pattern in Quiltmania. Then here are a few more patterns I had and thought about doing. But time wasn't on my side for a big project.  You see I'm going to see "the little dudes" next week, it's their first birthday. Blake and Ben, my "little dudes" Can't believe it's been a year already. OK back to topic here.  A couple of years ago while at the Dallas Quilt show I purchased this pincushion.   I thought it was interesting but what I really wanted was the pattern. It came from a shop in Texas,...