Skip to main content

Slow Scrappy Sunday

It has been a very nice slow Sunday. The "man of the place" has been at his dads all day so I have had the house to myself. 

I decided this morning that I was going to purge and declutter my scraps of fabric. I have accumulated so much over the past decades, seriously decades. 


As you can see I have quite a bit of scrap fabric. I have divided it up over time by color and that had worked really well for me. But my love for quilting isn't quite what it used to be and I have literally hundreds of yards of fabric that I should be  using, so I’m going to pass on my scraps to a group of ladies that make quilts to sell for extra income. So today I bagged it up and will take to the a person who will deliver the bags.




 I have started a crochet scrappy granny blanket which I am using also some scrap yarn that I had again accumulated over time. 


I’m using what is considered baby yarn and I just put it all in one tub, because I really didn’t have a use for anything else. 


It’s turning out rather cute. I’m really liking it. 


It’s been a very pleasant day but we have had some very strong winds here.  While I’m out on my walk I came across what I believe was a birds nest laying in the driveway but when I gave it some more intense looking at I realized it was actually a web worm nest. Nasty things when they are alive, hundreds of them in the nest, yuck. 


Then I also came across the first Dandelion I’ve seen this year.



 Odd thing right there in the driveway in between some rocks
So pretty, such a bright yellow.

Like the daffodils that are up and blooming


For my birthday one of my daughters gave me a new waffle maker seeing how the one I had was over 25 years old and starting to fall apart.


Made up some batter using sourdough starter which taste so good.


The recipe comes from the Clever Carrot

Great way to use up some of your extra starter.

I've notice this past year using sourdough is all the rage, which is good because there are a lot more tasty recipes I have come across.
I'm all for that.  

Well until later

Linking up with Kathy

Comments

  1. Lucky ladies to receive all your fabric scraps. Love the colours in your pretty granny blanket. It is so cheery. How lovely it must be to go for a walk and see spring springing into life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your crochet blanket. Such pretty colours. It's surprising what we can achieve with a few scraps.
    Lucky ladies to receive your fabric scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to pass on your fabric scraps to those who will use and appreciate them. Were you surprised you had so much to give away?
    Your crocheted blanket is so pretty, looking so soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty you are making with the yarn. Love the colors. Excellent to share your wealth of fabric with those who definitely will use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to clear out the scraps you won't use. Love your soft color palette for the granny blanket. Hope we get to see more warm weather, but not so much of the thunder boomer/tornado stuff this spring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t