If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Egg Recipe # 30 Classic French Toast

 This is how I was taught to make french toast when I was young. It is simple and a classic to me. You can make enough just for one or as many as you need to.


My Classic French Toast

Depending on the amount to be made, 1 large egg will make two slices.

Serve 2

2 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
4 slices whole wheat bread
Cinnamon 

Whip eggs and milk in a bowl. Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture and place in a hot skillet that has been sprayed with Pam or some sort of oil or butter. Sprinkle cinnamon on the bread


Cook for a couple minutes and flip. It should be a toasted brown. Repeat with next two slices of bread.
You can top with powder sugar, my favorite way. But you could use syrup, jam, sorghum or honey.



Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. This is the same recipe my grandmother taught me many years ago. I always topped mine with confectioners sugar. It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...