If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Monday, February 23, 2015

What's up



My goal for today is to try to finish my nested churn dash quilt. 
But I'm not sure if that's going to happen. I had to have my friend Mary help me this weekend to figure out how to put the blocks together. I was just puzzled how I would do it, you would think after working on it for so long I would have it all planned out to the end. 

But no! We decided to go with a dark sashing and yellow cornerstones.  But that's as far as I got, now I have to decide what am I going to do for the outside.



Will I continue with the dark all the way around 


or will I go with a lighter fabric all the way around.
I know what I want for the binding. I'm going to do a scrappy binding. Now if there's anyone out there have any ideas of what they would do, I would love to hear them because I am auditioning at this time.
I would really love to get this done this week and check it off my list.


While deciding I am going to finish this lap quilt that I had blocks leftover from ones made years ago.  I need to make one more basket block.
I will donate this one when I'm done.
Linking up here at Patchwork times
and What a Hoot!

4 comments:

  1. How about a small grey strip, followed by a small yellow strip, and finished by a bigger darker grey strip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the gray against the blocks - it finishes the idea of the sashing. Then yellow again after that - either like Charlene pictures, or as a wide last border that can have some fun quilting in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kat,
    I really like the grey stripe too, so as far as your votings go, it is a pretty easy decision. Love your projects, the church dash looks awesome.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the grey first then a yellow before the final gray.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...