Skip to main content

Oh My, What Have I Done

Yesterday my plan was to finish cleaning and then try to get a little sewing in. Well it started out pretty good I straightened up, did a little cleaning, and then proceeded to straighten up my sewing room.
Hello how easily I can get distracted. Got the cutting table cleared off, was thinking about projects I wanted to finish before the end of the year, and started a list.
As you can tell I'm a list person. 
Then I was thinking what if there that I can get done off of my 2015 list. Looked at it, decided how I can add this and this and so went looking for these projects. 
If you're following along you're probably already ahead of the game and realized, oh I know where this is going.
That's right I started searching for one thing and found another.
 And another. 
And another.
Then there was a project I thought oh I haven't seen them in ages, and start wrestling through it, and realized where are the blocks I had already made for this project.
Well that took me on a wild goose chase of over an hour trying to locate these blocks. Never did find him. I don't know where in the heck I stash them. 
Finally I just threw my hands up and said the heck with it I'll find them later
But here is what I did find that I would like to try to do before the end of the year along with my RSC quilt and the circles I'm starting




1. my chicken scratch quilt blocks that I started before I moved to Oklahoma and that was 20 years ago. 
2. a split nine patch that I started as a leader and ender. 
3. Some fabric that I had put aside to make pillowcases to donate.


4. This pattern I have of a snow man that is a wall hanging that you might have seen in the past I believe I bought it like six years ago, tumbling skating snowman.


5. back in 2012 there was a QAL Mystery that I started and for some reason did not finish it but pretty much had all the pieces cut and one block sewn together. It's in Christmas fabric. 


6. A gold and brown assortment blocks. Did not know the name or remembered when I started these blocks but through further digging around for those other blocks I was looking for I came across my old notebook well sure enough I had started this around 2010 it's one of Donna Thomas's workshop that I attended
7. Also a kit call cat nap wall hanging that I would like to get done and give as a Christmas present.
Now I had a couple other things on my list as you can see but I do not believe I will have time after I added the others at the bottom. So if I get to Donna Thomas's neutral or the winter trees, I'll be doing really good.
As you can tell I have a wide time span of UFO's around here that I need to complete
.

I did get a little sewing in though I made two of the Quilty 365 blocks...,that's a start. And I had organized the Christmas quilt along and the snowman fabric that was in the bags and they're out and ready to start stitching
By the time I was done doing all of that it was time to go feed cattle and take care of some of my outdoor chores.
I saw that buzzard again out by the hen house, perched on one of the fence posts, sitting near the hen house not causing any trouble. Thank goodness. 
Came in and make dinner which was a hamburger soup recipe but I replace a hamburger with some fresh ground venison that "the man the place" had harvest this year. 
Very good too, specially since I do not care for venison very much. But I believe I will like this ground venison


Then spend the evening doing some more hand quilting on my 30 sampler.
All in all I can say it was a good day and I did get my toes wet with a little sewing.



Comments

  1. You have some great UFOs there... oh I have quite a collection too but I'm happy I have them. Occasionally I revisit them and one pops out and I finish it. I like knowing that the project is close to complete, makes it seem like it took less time to complete than it actually did. happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great projects awaiting your ...ahem..."attention"! LOL I have many "forgotten" in my "closet of shame"...too. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many projects on the go, you are to be admired I wouldn't be able to cope. Here's hoping you manage to get the ones you want finished by the end of the year. It really is peculiar about the buzzard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just got to make that snowman. He's adorable! Lots of beautiful wip's here, Kathleen. Hope you can stay on track and make some more progress! And thanks so much for joining us at the Let's Bee Social today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've got a plan for the rest of the year. Getting them all listed helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kat,
    good thing you could be in the house too. Love the sewing room picking up story. That happens to me too, and I am also a list person, very much of a list. Love to mark off the things I have finished.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t