Skip to main content

Whats Up 6.5.17

It has been over a month since I've done a "what's up" on the design wall.



I have up the flag quilt and in the process of sewing the rows together.

I had been searching more on who the designer of this quilt is. Last week I tried a way to get a hold of her and today I tried another method. Hope to hear back so I can give information on a pattern maybe.

But the best part of the day was this morning Bob of Bob's Shop delivered the Pressing Station I order while attending The Springdale Quilt Show in April.
I am so pleased with it.



Fits perfect on the wall I had been setting up the ironing board with a outlet for my iron and a base to sit the iron on. Besides the pressing surface it has shelving with some containers. 



Which I have plans on what to use them for.



It took me no time to start adding stuff.



Great place for the odd shaped rulers and trimmers.
The binder has the Deb Tucker trimmer inside.



The Go cutter and few more container with projects.



In the containers I believe I use to put strips and pre-cut scraps. I have already started saving and storing strips and pre-cut which are out in the garage and will need to bring in. I'll label the boxes also.


I spent all morning cleaning and organizing my happy place, so here are a few shots of a clean room.











I'm getting the cutting table next.

And here is contact info if interested plus he'll be at the Kanas Show on the 15 - 17 of June.

Yesterday evening when I went to go gather eggs and lock up the girls in their house I came across snakes, that's right more than one, in the nesting boxes.
Ran back to the house to get "the man of the place" to help me take care of them. This is the first time I have had 2 at the same time going after eggs. In fact one had just swallow an egg.

I knew I had snakes visiting because my egg count was down and sis see one leaving the coop a week or so.

Today I gathered a dozen from 17 hens.



Linking up with

    

Comments

  1. your room i looking great and the iron station great.......great storage.....just the best space when you have a great spot to sew in.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the snakes - what kind are they? My sister in law had just posted a photo of a snake in one of the chicken boxes last week - it was a black snake of some type and they - my brother took care of it and relocated I guess - but I would think once they find the eggs they just keep coming back?
    love that pressing station -

    ReplyDelete
  3. meant to add - next time they have a show in Springdale could you let me know I would love to drive up and see it sometime - I went one time years ago and liked it. Thought it was a fairly good size show for the area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snakes in the hen coop would frighten me to death, scary times. Love how you have made your space so organised. Loved the pressing station.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flag quilt and I too, would like more info on the designer.
    Would you mind adding a link back to http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com within your post somewhere? It helps quilters who check out your Design Wall Monday post to be able to link back to my blog and then look at the next design wall. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great addition to your sewing space! Looks like you made good use of the new storage places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flag quilt parts look like they could be a bit difficult to sew together. Great design and well done thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bugger those snakes! Naughty, naughty! I like having a "good" snake around to keep the pests and bugs down, but stealing lots of eggs is not nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t