If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Egg-Special Day



I was so excited to see these today. You see "the girls" have just not been laying these past couple of months

Between them going through a molting period, then the change in the weather by getting cooler or I should say down right cold here for a while.  They we're not happy. And then there is the shorter daylight hours but we are heading in the other direction now.
I have for the pass couple of months just getting an egg a day and that is pathetic for having 26 hens. Because they have not  been laying, it did not alter their appetite any. Little piglets.
I would like to share a really fun and educational site I just find so amusing.  Its Terry Golson  Hen Cam and that is exactly what it is a camera that is in the hen house/yard. Great site for kids, big and small. She also has a blog that she gives excellent advise on raising chickens. I going to put a button on my sidebar that you can use anytime.
Now if the other 22 hens get busy, I'll be back in business.
Egg Money for fabric

Till next time
Kat
=^..^=


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the Hen Cam link. It is always interesting to see how others have their coops and pens set up.
    I really wish my Silkie girls would stop laying, then I could actually turn the incubator off for the winter. But with my girls, I'll take what I can get since they really don't like laying during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 young girls are finally laying most days, even though it got cold fast. Now if the older one would be more consistent!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...