If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Rice, My Comfort Food

When I was young we would have rice a lot. While growing up in Sacramento California there were rice paddies all over the Sacramento Valley and I don't know if that had anything to do with the fact that we ate a lot of rice or not. 
Back then we ate white rice but
since I've been on my my own I have eaten rice in its more natural state, brown rice. When I was little we would have a bowl of rice with milk, sugar and cinnamon, which I considered this to be of my most favorite comfort foods. I also eat rice often in place of noodles. I will have rice as the base with the main dish on top.
But the recipe I want to share with you today is my basic comfort food 

 that is just a bowl of hot rice with milk, sugar and cinnamon. I now use like I said brown rice, and in place of white sugar I use raw sugar or honey. you can use any other type of sweetener that you like and a generous amount of cinnamon.

If you are wanting more rice recipe go to Judy's for What's Cooking This Week 

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in the SF Bay Area and this is the only way I ate rice as a kid too! Some people might think it was more like a dessert but it was a 'side dish' for me, finicky eater that I was. I haven't had rice this was for decades--think I might go on a reminiscence vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...