Skip to main content

How to Make a Yoga Bag

For my birthday this year I decided to give myself a gift and it was to take yoga classes from a professionally trained instructor.
Never have and have for decades follow a video or lately an app that is really good. But sometimes I feel I'm not doing the poses right. 

Well there no classes near me so I've ended up going to Tulsa to The Inner Peace Studio. They are very nice, knowledgable and patient.
I have a mat, blocks and a belt which I've stored them in a pillow case.



That was ok for home but after taking my pillow case with me, it's not really the best way to take my stuff with me.

So after a google search, came across lots of bags like this


but they only held your mat and I needed something that would also hold the blocks and belt too.


This was what I needed, right here is a link to the pattern



So here is mine.




I had found some deco fabric for the exterior and then quilt fabric for the lining.

The directions are pretty clear with good pictures. 
It took just a couple hours from start to finish.



Start by cutting both the exterior and interior (lining) fabric 33 x 14
need two from each fabric.



Using a 2" wide canvas webbing, two 52 long and sew on to the exterior like so.




Attach the loop for the button
Sew the 2 pieces together leave the top open on the exterior and the same on the lining.
And then put the exterior and lining together 



turn inside out and topstitch the edge of the opening.

  

Now I'm really for class tomorrow and will be able to carry my stuff in a easy, comfortable way.

Beside it very pretty too.


Linking up with

blossom heart quilts

ladybug-blessings

funky polkadot giraffe

mels quiltingroom

thats what che said

cooking up quilts


Comments

  1. I've done yoga for 22 years starting out in classes when I was pregnant and for the last 5 years I've practised purely at home. It's a great idea to have an instructor oversee how you work - I discovered early on that I could move into poses very easily, which made me the envy of the class, but was actually due to me being hypermobile and can be an issue as you don't know when you're going too far with a pose. I hope you enjoy your classes and developing your own practice. Your bag is fabulous, I love the fabrics you've chosen too and now I want one! Thanks so much for linking up at Sew Cute Tuesday today - Chris (guest host) @madebyChrissieD :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is something that I have never done, but I loved the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kat,
    looks so pretty, what a great way to carry the big mat and have space for blocks and fabrics.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your class!! I used to take a yoga stretch class that I so enjoy but when I developed hip problems for awhile I quite the class, in the meantime the instructor moved on and when I went back I couldn't get used to the new instructor - her voice was not smooth and calming like the previous person and I just couldn't relax with her - I should try a new class sometime and get back to it, it has been awhile and that person is no longer at the center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this--my stuff is in an old tote bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an excellent bag for all your tools. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for doing the research and sharing the link. I've been wanting to make one. Yours is really neat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Time with Dots

Welcome to my blog, I hope you can take a moment to check out my blog. Here you will find that I like to share a lot of what happens on my farm here in NE Oklahoma. You get a little of life with cows and chickens, my struggles with growing an organic vegetable garden, canning, cooking and my love for quilting, knitting and most anything that has needlework involved. Plus some.... I love the fact that I can join in on such a fun hop. Thanks goes to our cheerleader Corrie from   Quilt Taffy   She will have the schedule to the entire blog hop. And special thanks to M adame Samm from  Sew WE Quilt for setting this up.  I am sharing my day with these wonderful bloggers Why Knot Kwilt  Stitchin by the Lake Beth @ Plum and June The Recipe Bunny Sunshine Girl Aunt Marti The Fuzzy Hat Quilter Cliodana Now all the formality done, lets get on with what you came for,  a fun project w...

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section        ...

It's for the Birds

WHOO  - WHOO It's my day for 'It's for the birds" blog hop.  Before I start I need to give thanks to our cheerleaders  and If it wasn't for all their hard work this hop would not of happen.  Thank you ladies Now for what you stopped by for. I have a lot of bird related patterns, especially ones that are chickens This quilt I made last year from a pattern in Quiltmania. Then here are a few more patterns I had and thought about doing. But time wasn't on my side for a big project.  You see I'm going to see "the little dudes" next week, it's their first birthday. Blake and Ben, my "little dudes" Can't believe it's been a year already. OK back to topic here.  A couple of years ago while at the Dallas Quilt show I purchased this pincushion.   I thought it was interesting but what I really wanted was the pattern. It came from a shop in Texas,...