Skip to main content

Top Ten for Q1 of FAL

2016 button 250 best

Well here it is, time for 2016 finish A-Long. To be honest it's snuck  up on me. I had forgotten about it, plus forgot to post the last quarter of last year's finishes. So I'm just going to just start with a new slate. Then later I'll take the time to find the list of the ones that were for last quarter and see what I did accomplish.

Forgive me on this post, it will be loaded with pictures

First one on the top 10 list is to finish the 30 sampler. I am in the homestretch on this one, Quilting the border now and after that of course the binding and label.
Then I'm done.
Yeah, after all these years.
Will feel good



Number two on the top 10 list is the tumbling snowman I have a started.... that's all I can say about this one.




 I have to put a few easy finishes on my list.
Which number three is. 
The Red String quilt is one of them. Just require binding only. These pictures were taken before it had gotten quilted.




Now number four is a quilt again that just needs the binding. 
I don't know if anybody else is guilty of this other than myself but I wanted this quilt on my bed because at the time I didn't have one I thought matched my room, even though I wasn't done with it. So I just went ahead, threw it on the bed and have been using for quite awhile now. Seriously this one needs to be bound.



Next number five is one of RSC15. Not sure the name at this one but I just call it my stacked bricks. Needs it all...to be assembled, quilted and bound.


The same goes for number six the Scrappy Spool


And since were on a roll number seven is from the same group the RSC15 challenge this is my 30s collection.


And last of the group, number eight which is Scrappy Nine Patch


Number nine is a baby quilt I have made out of scraps that I am going to practice my machine quilting on. It's  ready to go, so wish me luck


Number 10 and last is the 30's Row quilt. Has been hand quilted but need a little more detail to one of the rows


The row of houses I want to put in some more detail like grass and clouds. When I get done with that, this quilt is ready to be bound also.


So there you go....... 
 my top 10 for the 2016 finish along.
I am linking up at She Can Quilt.   And in the nick of time, barely 12 hours to go before the deadline I hope everybody has enjoyed looking it everybody else's unfinished projects that they have put on their list.
 I know I have and I look forward to seeing what gets done.


Comments

  1. You are going to have a wonderful collection of finished quilts by the end of the year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many beautiful quilts close to finish, lucky you.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good mix of the easy and close to finished, with the lots left to do on your list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun mix of projects. I've had a 30's quilt on my bucket list for a long time. Love your row quilt. :) I didn't get anything written up for Q4, either, although I know I had several accomplishments off my goal list. I missed the Q1 goal setting deadline, so - I guess I'm on my own for the quarter. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t