Skip to main content

What's Up



Well after writing down my tasks of things to do today and prioritizing them, which I put sewing as one of the top three, as you hopefully can see there. I am loving this daily spread. I have it down to a page a day and I can change the color to fit my mood or liking.


 I am going to work on at least the blocks in month 8 of the Farmer's wife 30 samplers quilt BOM from Sager Creeks Quilt Shop. 


But up on the design wall I have some more of my Quilty 365 circles. Which were from a fabric that had Thomas the train and friends images on them. 


The boys are big fans of trains and Thomas.


And the last two corner blocks been appliqué down for the Words to Live By quilt I'm working on. All I have left to appliqué now is the center block



Later today I need to prep the Pea Ridge Lily quilt top that is getting sent off to a group of hand quilters to be worked on for me. There are so many quilts that I would preferred to have hand quilted and know that I do not have the time to do them all myself. So I'm fortunate to know a group of ladies who do a beautiful job quilting it for me

Image result for movie date
I wanted to share our ventures yesterday about going to the movie. We visited mom and she's doing fine thank you for your comments. They have her on anabiotic's for her kidney infection. So we made it to the theater and we waited in line and when we got up to the ticket window we were told that the showing we want to go to was sold out and the showing after that was also sold out.  Which meant we didn't get to see the movie. Instead we just went out to dinner. We're going to give it a try next weekend, Woo hoo 2 dates in one month. That doesn't happen around here much. I have to guess it must be a very popular movie at the time because the theater we went to with in Tulsa and has large sitting areas.  I guess I should've tried getting tickets online first before we attempted going. It's just that we go so little that I didn't even think about it at the time.


I did finish last night the large portion of the 30's sample last night while watching Downton Abbey. I will miss this show, I enjoy it very much, that Mary is pushy. Now it's on to the border. Check it out. I am just like so excited.
I really want to get this one done, I've been working on this one way too long. I have two other quilts I have started quilting on and need to be finished and would love to done this year. 


Comments

  1. It is always nice to see what you are working on. My favorite are the wool applique blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been awhile for me to do any quilting or even getting set up for January, but I should be back in the swing of things soon. What you are working on is great. My grandson also love Thomas the train and I got him a tent that is made like the train. Your quilting is coming along and I hope you finish soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always in awe of your work such wonderful designs. Such a shame about the movie, the bonus is you get another date night, can't be bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your traditional leanings! I'm subscribing to see more. Now I'm gonna check out this "bullet journal" ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting the photo of the back of your applique block with the cut out section. I'm working on some applique stars on scrappy backgrounds and was wondering how to cut the back out so I could add another layer on top. Now I know! Thank you very much.
    Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I will love your Lily quilt, cant wait to see the quilting!
    We always worry that a movie will be sold out, yet it never seems to happen here with so many theaters. Even Star Wars was no problem. Have fun on date2 next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a lot done on Monday. Sorry you didn't get to see the movie. Hope you found a good place for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun gathering of work! That is going to be the cutest Thomas the Tank quilt. It's fun to see your Words to Live By so close to being a top - and I can't believe how complicated that one Farmer's Wife block is! Takes me back to my Dear Jane piecing days. :) Thanks for linking up at BOMs Away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t