Skip to main content

Home Again

Howdy y'all,
My goal was to write each day I was in Colorado but between not being able excess the internet and being tried, it didn't happen. That way I could of gone into more detail, but I'll try not to make this too long, (ya right, since when).
I was so tired each day from being very busy. And I thought I was busy here on the farm. It was a nice show and I met a lot of neat peoples. Some of those nice peoples were across from our booth, these ladies have a line of fabric with Moda, their line of fabric is call Sweetwater. I had taken a picture of their booth but it did not turn out for some reason. It was a really cute booth, I just love the color of their fabric.

Then there was a shop from San Diego that was right up my alley, ALL APPLIQUE

The name of the shop is called Amidon Quiltworks, it wasn't that they had really anything new, it was that the owner was very knowledgeable in the technique I like to use when appliqueing. She taught me a few new tricks and boy am I so excited to try them out. Didn't get a chance today but I'm going to find time tomorrow.
I would call this show an art quilt show, they had some major exhibits there like the Hoffman 2011 Challenge, Thread Tail and Vapor Trails in  honor of 100th  anniversary of Navel Aviation, plus a collection of  Irena Bluhm quilts. We were right next to her booth. Here is one of her quilts.

Here are just a couple of the quilts that were there.
"Nanna's Garden Party" made by Colleen Little Ft. Lipton, Co.
"My Grandfather's Flower Garden"  made by Linda Rhoads of Colorado Springs, Co.

"The Grand" made by Betty Sutton of Loveland, Co.

I really did not have much time away from the booth so the pictures of quilts are very limited, the Hoffman challenge was gorgeous

The second morning of the show we woke up to the van's front tire being almost flat so we had to have the donut put on. It wasn't until after the show that day were we able to get it repaired.
Now if you live or been to to Loveland, then you are aware of the fact that there are very few stop signs in the new areas. They have what I call traffic circles. I know of only one in Tulsa Ok. but I really like them because we didn't have stop all the time. That's what I'm all about go, go, go.
So the show was over, we were packed  and ready to drive our way back to Oklahoma/Arkansas.
We decided to get out of the Denver Area before we stop to eat breakfast. So we thought we would go to this diner Pam found on the internet called I-70 Diner. It is in the town called Flagler Co. and you can not miss the the pink Cadillac on a tall pole in front of the diner.

The food was good and the portions are way too much. You see I have this thing for pancakes, so I have to try every ones and then judge them. These I would rank right below my favorites at the Harvest House in Kansas, Ok. The inside of the diner is cute and the stool covers I liked.
So we plodded along and then had to stop and take this picture, it goes with the other one from the other side of the road

Till next time Colorado
Kat
=^..^=



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t