If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Love to applique

I wanted to share some of the quilts tops that I have completed this year. The pictures are not the best



The designer of this Sunflower quilt in Marilyn McSpadden. The same designer who design the Snowman Quilt. I have someone special in mind to quilt this one.



This is a pattern I found in a McCalls magazine. I'm going to have this one quilted by my aunt.  




This one is from a book titled Ruby Red Dots from Kansas City Star Publishers 

Unfortunately I did not get all the quilt in the picture and this is the only picture I have of it. Because right now and has been hanging in a friends quilt shop.  It has applique border that is really a nice touch. This one is going to be hand quilted.



Do you notice a common theme, I love to applique, whether it is by hand or on the machine. I am working on a couple others also.

Till next time
Kat
=^..^=

3 comments:

  1. Just stopped by from Quilting Bloggers to enjoy your interesting blog. I, too, live on a farm (in Tunisia) and am an appliqué fan although I haven't gotten anything appliquéd on my blog yet. Love your appliqué quilt tops especially the ruby dot one.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Wow, I may do that someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt tops are beautiful. I love to applique, but have never finished a large project. After seeing yours, I really want to get started on one. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...