If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Refreshing Fruit Salad

Today I had my friend Mary over for lunch, some stitching and a lot of catching up. Nothing said summer than a beautiful bowl of fruit. So I decided to make a fresh, ripe  and refreshing fruit salad. 


Then there was the trimmings from making the salad leftover so I figured I would share it with "the girls".


Boy, did "the girls" go nuts over it all.



They had it all cleaned up in no time, and with this heat, I try to give them a cool or frozen treat everyday.

I also made egg salad sandwiches for lunch and I used my egg masher for the first time. It worked really well.

  And so cute too 
 Practical and cute

We had a good time and we were able to get a little appliqueing done. We both have been working on the Dresden Plate Quilt. As you can see I have black for center and points and Mary is using a blue print for her center and points. I have six more blocks to get appliqued done and then need to assemble the blocks.
It was a really good day. Plus my daughter sent me a new picture of the little guys.
Blake


Ben

Sure do miss the little guys and watching them grow.  But I am lucky that my daughter sends me a picture or two every couple of days.

Kat



2 comments:

  1. My girls love that kind of cool, wet treats! I gave them cukes tonite and they gobbled them down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hens, they are such maternal little creatures! The egg masher is the cutest one I've seen...and your grandsons are pretty darn cute too. You're a lucky grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...