If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

A Finish

I love it when I can say that, a finish..... well the top at least.


Yesterday was able to assembled all the sections to the Seven Sisters, then came the tricky part. I do not have a pattern, so it's one of those figure as you go job.



First thought was the corner pieces would be 60 degree angle but no. 120 is what it was.



Attached those and I believe I will leave it at that, no borders. 
A colorful binding will give it the look.
This is going to be a crib size 62" x 46"

Seeing how that was something I did not have on my list, I am so ready to get back to my list.



Decided to do White Birches wall hanging.  I think it will be a nice Christmas addition.
This quilt I had seen on many occasions at shows, magazines and over at Barbara's blog Cat Patches .
In fact she helped me with the pattern.
I thought it was only a couple years ago but come to find out it was 4 years ago. I've been wanting to make this 4 years now. Finally getting round to it.



Yesterday I was able to get the top row completed and today the other 2 rows.



Decided to go ahead and applique the Red Birds before I sew the rows together.  
Thought about using fabric for the birds and that is what the pattern called for but I decided to go with flannel and wool.



Like the idea of some depth and texture to the birds and the wool and flannel will do that.



4 comments:

  1. The wool and flannel is such a great idea for adding depth it will look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the wool and flannel - I am mixing the two in a small winter wall hanging and have thought that I might do that in a larger applique project sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Seven Sisters quilt looks amazing! Congrats on getting it to the finished flimsy stage. Love your wool cardinal, it's going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...