If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

I love Sundays

Sundays have always been a day of rest since I was a kid but not all Sundays can we rest. 
Today was one of rest and it was nice to just take time to think and reflect. I can do that when I do mindless sewing and that is what I was doing today.

In the Words to Live By quilt I did what the directions said but for some reason I did not have enough black and tan HST.





Fixed up another 80 HST, sewn and trimmed them today. Now I'm ready to finish the boarders now.




While doing that I was looking around the room and thinking about what I wanted to put back in here and where.




Notice the shelf with a little fabric on it that hadn't been wrapped around the boards I have. Took a little time to do about half of the stack. 




I wrap only pieces that are larger than 1/2 yard and up to 4 yds. If they are 4 yards or more I use the boards they use at quilts shops. They will give them to you if ask, otherwise they just trash them.



 When it came to keeping the fabric from unwrapping I was using rubber bands but then I started using paper clips and I think I like the paper clips better. They seem to keep the fabric flatter.


linking up with Kathy's Quilts

12 comments:

  1. I have some bolt cardboard's too - I get them from Hobby Lobby to wrap big pieces on and I use the comic book boards for pieces that are about a 1/2 yard and up to about 3 yards yards.Looks like you got a lot done today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what those small boards. Sounds like we do pretty much the same thing.

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful quilt project and using the boards makes everything look so lovely and organized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is is a beautiful design, and yes the boards are great. No way I'll be able to all the fabric I have.

      Delete
  3. That is one of favourites that you are working on, such a delight to see your progress. I really should organize my fabrics you put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish someone would organize my fabric! It's a total mess and I can't find anything.
    Love that picture at the end of your post of the woman stitching...do you know who painted it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I can find out is that the painter is most likely done by Robert Hope

      Delete
  5. THAT is a LOT of HSTs!!! WOW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and thought I did enough the first time. Sure makes the quilt look great tho.

      Delete
  6. Words to Live by is really coming along. Another 80 HSTs. I might have cried at that point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought about it that way but I believe your on to something there.

      Delete
  7. A lot of triangles in your quilt and well done.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...