If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lovely Beauty


I was going through some pictures I had in one of the folders on my computer. I attend at times these Quilt Study meetings, the group in called MOKA which stands for the 4 states that are participating. Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas. I have to admit that I love to take pictures of quilts and think oh yea I remember where I saw that quilt.  Ya Right and this is one of them.
I think this is unusual block and I love the shirting used. I can not tell exactly what  it is. Looks like a drums but with antennae or maybe an abstract flower.
If you can tell what it is I would love to know. 


The quilting is beautifully done, I'm going to guess somewhere around 10 stitches to an inch and heavily quilted

This is a pieced block not appliqued, exquisite needlework.

I wish I had more details  like the name of the block (looked it up but could not find this block), maker and where or time period thou that could be guess by the fabric. But I still wanted to share this beauty with you.
I 'm loving the pink (double pink)and green (maybe poison). It is hard to tell for sure from the photo, and this photography memory of mine is no help.
Pure eye candy
Kat

3 comments:

  1. I agree, pure eye candy!!!! I have never seen the block either. Would like to know what it is!

    Have a great weekend.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! That conversational print is sweet. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks.sbo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...