If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Little Progress

It's the same story, hot and humid. In fact its a little more intense but the weather is to change this weekend and I'm looking forward to spending more than just an hour or two outside.

But while I'm stuck inside, I am taking this opportunity to getting a little progress on a few projects.

The second Ruby's garden is almost ready to assemble. Lacking just 8 of the smaller outer blocks. 



Now by making the center unit in the alternate block lighter sure gives it a different look. I like it but at first I didn't. I liked how the first one turned out but this started to grow on me while I was adding block up on the wall.



My plan is to get this one finished tomorrow... making it maybe my Friday Finish.

I spent some time today quilting. Was able to watch 2 more episodes of Mr. Selfridge. I was thinking that I probably get more done if I wasn't looking up all the time watching TV.



Finished this portion 


and this part is next. 
I use a 14" hoop and I'm able to quilt about a 12" section at a time.

  
This evening I will work on a block of "Words to Live By" There is a lot of small pieces in this one so it seems to taking me a long time to finish. 




1 comment:

  1. This second one is going to be pretty, too, Kat. :) Love the block you're working on.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...