If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Slow Sunday



For what I'm working on this evening is the binding on a Christmas round robin from a few years back.


I thought I would share some of my tricks to how I do my binding.
like to use this Great technique on my mitered corners. I found this video on YouTube and is how I do mine. 



Patrick Lose shows how.


Like how they turn out. And I like the Clover small binding clips. Easy to use and hold tightly without falling off.


I also like to use quilting thread or Sulky 12 wt thread., single strand. I have less knotting, strong and love the clean look. 

 Linking up to Kathy"s Quilt

2 comments:

  1. I have never come across those binding clips before, I use pins. I must look out for those next time I visit a craft shop. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Nice share on the corners tip. I never thought to trim that part out instead of the way I've been doing them. Looking forward now to trying this approach out!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...