Skip to main content

It's Monday what's up


sorry it's blurry, not sure why
Up on my design wall this morning is the first of the four Rubys Garden quilts
 I worked on it a little Saturday and finished all the alternate blocks and now I'm ready to sew them together.... I think it looks really sweet. 



This one is going to be for my youngest daughter who loves pink
At one time I was auditioning different fabric for the outer border.



 But as you can see from the pictures I think I'll go with just the background fabric,... that one looks the best
I like to take photos of the quilts on the wall because by looking at a pictures I get a better perspective of how all the colors and fabrics blend together, seeing what works and what doesn't work.
My goal for the day is to finish assembling this top and then deciding on which fabrics I will use for the next set of embroidered blocks. Each one will be made from different fabric.
Even though it was 75° this morning at
 6 AM. I got out early...  walked and went out to the veggie garden to work
I weeded around the bales of straw, planted my green beans and laid a soaker hose to give it more continuous watering
The bales of straw dry out sooner than my beds do so I'm going to need to hook that hose up to the timer and have it water more often.




Comments

  1. I think you're right about the borders. I take picture too just to check out fabric contrast and sometimes I turn off the lights or dim them so I can check out contrast, that really helps with block placement in a scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the light trick before. Thank you I'll have to try that

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful quilt, it is going to look wonderful and I like your decision for the border. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your skill, you have such an eye for colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt, love the stitcheries.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That *is* really sweet. :) I love how the bordering fabric dips into the alternate squares in the centers of each side. I never think of that kind of thing on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprise myself too, I'm not one for who thinks outside the box often enough.

      Delete
  6. That is a lovely quilt. I'm sure your daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. So far they have like the quilts I have given them.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful colors. Hope you made lots of progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Time with Dots

Welcome to my blog, I hope you can take a moment to check out my blog. Here you will find that I like to share a lot of what happens on my farm here in NE Oklahoma. You get a little of life with cows and chickens, my struggles with growing an organic vegetable garden, canning, cooking and my love for quilting, knitting and most anything that has needlework involved. Plus some.... I love the fact that I can join in on such a fun hop. Thanks goes to our cheerleader Corrie from   Quilt Taffy   She will have the schedule to the entire blog hop. And special thanks to M adame Samm from  Sew WE Quilt for setting this up.  I am sharing my day with these wonderful bloggers Why Knot Kwilt  Stitchin by the Lake Beth @ Plum and June The Recipe Bunny Sunshine Girl Aunt Marti The Fuzzy Hat Quilter Cliodana Now all the formality done, lets get on with what you came for,  a fun project w...

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section        ...

It's for the Birds

WHOO  - WHOO It's my day for 'It's for the birds" blog hop.  Before I start I need to give thanks to our cheerleaders  and If it wasn't for all their hard work this hop would not of happen.  Thank you ladies Now for what you stopped by for. I have a lot of bird related patterns, especially ones that are chickens This quilt I made last year from a pattern in Quiltmania. Then here are a few more patterns I had and thought about doing. But time wasn't on my side for a big project.  You see I'm going to see "the little dudes" next week, it's their first birthday. Blake and Ben, my "little dudes" Can't believe it's been a year already. OK back to topic here.  A couple of years ago while at the Dallas Quilt show I purchased this pincushion.   I thought it was interesting but what I really wanted was the pattern. It came from a shop in Texas,...