If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Buttermilk Pie; Egg Recipe 3

When thinking about what egg recipe to make this week I was wanting to try something new, something easy and a dessert.  I have heard about Buttermilk Pies but had never made one before. So I started looking for one and one thing I've learned is that most of Paula Deen recipes are just too good. I little on the rich side but very good. So I decided to change it some. I have a habit of doing this to make it just a little healthier and lower in Points (weight watchers  6 pts. 1/8 pie) 

Oh my Gosh, it is sooooo gooood !!!!!!!!! 

The "man of the place" said "It's good and we need more"  *****


Olivia's Buttermilk Pie

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Prep Time:
5 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
50 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
6 to 8 servings

Ingredients                                                                                                        

  • 1 1/2 cups sugar    (I change to 1 cup)
  • 1 cup buttermilk    ( I used low-fat)                                                                                       
  • 1/2 cup biscuit mix (recommended: Bisquick)  (Again I used the low-fat) 
  • 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.  (When using glass pan, lower 25 degrees, 325*F)
Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend for 1 minute with a handheld electric mixer. Pour mixture into prepared pan
. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.

Till next time
Kat
=^..^=



4 comments:

  1. This does look really yummy! and, it's great that you added the WW points!

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I definitely have to try this :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for making it healthier! Paula's can be really heavy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. new to your blog, I popped over from PW's. I am so going to make this today!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...