Skip to main content

Dazed and confused

Today I am what you would say out of it. Yesterday afternoon I had 2 cups of caffeinated coffee (I normally don't do) which kept me up till 2 AM.
I get up at six with "The Man of the Place" every morning and like any other morning, was up at six this morning.
I need more than four hours of sleep. Without my normal amount of sleep, which is like seven hours, I just feel so out of it.
 Passed on any heavy gardening this morning.
  watered the seeds planted, water the potted plants on the porch, fed the birds and deadheaded some of my perennial. 

Added to that a day of mindless sewing.
Started a few spool block and worked on some strips sets


 Quilting on the 30's sampler some, I'm down to what I would call the last row.



But I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with the border. I've done mainly outline or in the ditch. I would love to get this one done within the next month or two. I'm such a slow quarter I can't get myself a time frame
And while quilting on my 30 sampler  got to thinking that this wasn't the only quilt I had started or was waiting to be quilted that's prepped already.


Then have my dancing kitty quilt already in a standing hoop, ready to be quilted



Then have a flannel and wool embroidered lap quilt, again ready to be quilted. If you take note, the date, made this 2008. That's only what seven years ago


Then I'm pretty much on the homestretch of my blue Rocky Road quilt.



 It is a challenge for me because my normal stitches are smaller than the one I was using or trying on this quilt and it's taking me longer to just do a bigger stitch. 
  

Go figure that out.   
You would think it be quicker. 


And then there's the 30's row quilt, 


wanting to quilt in some clouds and grass in the row of houses. then that one will be done
So when I think about it, I could have three quilts finished in a short amount of time comparable to starting a whole big one...., if I would just get to it.  

till next time

Comments

  1. I made the wool and flannel flower quilt and it took me 9 years to complete it. I could only hand quilt it in the winter because it was too heavy and hot to sit under. Slow and steady and you will get it done. My hubby says it is his favorite one I have made in 20 years because it is like art. :0) Hang in there and get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you over at the WIP Wednesday link up at freshly pieced. Hand quilting is so beautiful and the projects that you have going on... WOW! Amazing! Beautiful! Your space is so cozy - it just makes me want to sit back and explore. Thank you for your wonderful post. I'm excited to see more! Aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not the only one with WIPs predating 2010. You'll get there. I adore all the projects your working on and I love your hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, such beautiful projects always such a joy to visit and enjoy a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some beutiful quilts going. Your stitches are great too. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts and quilting are beautiful. Love the ric rac with the houses. Thanks for sharing and hopefully you will be inspired to quilt a bit more today:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are all so beautiful!!!! I especially like the very first quilt, the colours are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love looking over your quilts and quilting here, what a beautiful stash of WIPs you have in progress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my hand quilting I admire you. Your quilts are gorgeous.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty projects. That's a lot of hand stitching, but oh so worth it when they are finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section          The joints you'll need will be 2 - 3/4" elbows 2 - 3/4" T's 2 - 3/4" to 1" T (this will be the base of the Feet) 4 - 1" elbow Also need pipe cutters (this cost me almost as much

Yarn Along 2/20/13 Spoon Pin Doily

It's snowing here and I know some of you are tired of snow but here we will take the moisture any way we can get it. Plus it just gives me a reason to stay in and work on some of my projects. In this picture I'm not sure if you can make it out but in the background there are some wild turkeys that hang around the house sometime, just  chilling This project I'm working on is Spool Pin Doilies.   I had never heard of them before until Bonnie Hunter had mentioned it on her blog . She a had a viewer send her one for her sewing machine along with a pattern. I did not like the pattern but loved the idea so I decided to make up my own version. I wanted a more simple, smaller and fuller doily. So I tried different thread sizes to get one that I like. (From left to right) I tried sock yarn, which I'll redo because I think I like that look. Heavy weight crochet thread, nope too big Bamboo yarn, I like it. Looks good on my Kenmore. Pearl cott

What's Up

Well that is a big question, what's up Seeing how I haven't posted since before the retreat I went to. So I will show what I did at the retreat and what I have been doing these past few days, which is this Log Cabin Christmas Tree  wall hanging I have the blocks completed and now it just a matter of getting them sewn together. I'll get to that tomorrow. While at the retreat I made this baby quilt top with the disappearing 4-patch block. I had a charm pack and used some "snow" fabric Kaufman snow is one of my favorite whites to use. It's white but not a stark, bright white, goes well with a majority of the fabric I've collected. I started late making my blocks for RCS14 First I wasn't sure what pattern I wanted to make and then with all that was going on the first part of the year, I didn't start until July. One quilt is using a quarter log cabin in solid colors. I made these at the retreat, have the other half t