If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What's up and some English paper piecing

( I wrote this Tuesday morning and now it's Wednesday)
Later on I'm going to post pictures from the retreat I attended this past weekend. After coming back from a four day Ridge retreat, which was wonderful, my next post will be a collection of photos from there. 


Up on my design wall.... I am finishing the first five blocks for the Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler. 
I wasn't able to get much sewing done today because of trying to get unpacked and organized plus there was a guild meeting that I  attend. It was in support of my friend Sharon first meeting as president. Then the presenter was Linda Humphrey, who brought a small part of her collection which is English paper piecing or mosaic pieces
Linda comes from a long line of quilters.... in fact she's fifth-generation quilt-maker. Has worked for AccuCut and is now working for Mountain Mist.
I would like to share with you some photos of her collection that she brought ... you might need a little towel because you'll be drooling over these beautiful quilts.

 
Sorry these 2 are blurry

The words are "please. do. dear. dont. tuch. me."











3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what beautiful quilts.
    Thank you for showing and I really like your fabrics on the EPP blocks. Looks so pretty.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, incredible quilts, and so large too!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...