Skip to main content

Little Rambles

Went to Tulsa today to get my hair done, had it colored and cut. Looking good. Now I'm not a photogenic persons and most of my pictures turn out poorly but if I do get a descent one, I'll share. Did a few errands while I was in town by getting some potting soil and a couple new pots. 


I what to plant some veggies in containers on my back porch like I saw Mamma at mamas mercantile do here. That sounds like a good idea especially for the lettuce and things that I would use often in the kitchen. You see my garden is out there. Let's put it this way... it takes me five minutes to get to the garden back, so it would be a lot more convenient to have some veggies on the back porch. Plus it's getting me ready for my old-age when I can't be gardening like I do now and I'll just be container gardening.




I forgot to tell you about the snake yesterday. When I went into the hen house to let the girls out, there was no sign of the snake. It must of found a way to get out. Someday  I'll find a golf ball somewhere in the yard and will think what is that doing here. 




Didn't get any sewing in today but did work on the scarf while my hair was being colored. 



And this evening I'll be doing some quilting,




 also some wool appliquéing.



Comments

  1. Glad that the snake has left the building! A pot of lettuce close by is a great idea isn't it. Hope you had a lovely evening quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning my humble container garden, it certainly is an easier way to garden designed so that my husband would still be able to help when he has to be in his wheelchair. Love the wool applique, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Guy does the container garden for peppers and herbs. We don't have good shade and it seems the summer sun burns up everything if we plant it in the yard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Time with Dots

Welcome to my blog, I hope you can take a moment to check out my blog. Here you will find that I like to share a lot of what happens on my farm here in NE Oklahoma. You get a little of life with cows and chickens, my struggles with growing an organic vegetable garden, canning, cooking and my love for quilting, knitting and most anything that has needlework involved. Plus some.... I love the fact that I can join in on such a fun hop. Thanks goes to our cheerleader Corrie from   Quilt Taffy   She will have the schedule to the entire blog hop. And special thanks to M adame Samm from  Sew WE Quilt for setting this up.  I am sharing my day with these wonderful bloggers Why Knot Kwilt  Stitchin by the Lake Beth @ Plum and June The Recipe Bunny Sunshine Girl Aunt Marti The Fuzzy Hat Quilter Cliodana Now all the formality done, lets get on with what you came for,  a fun project w...

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section        ...

It's for the Birds

WHOO  - WHOO It's my day for 'It's for the birds" blog hop.  Before I start I need to give thanks to our cheerleaders  and If it wasn't for all their hard work this hop would not of happen.  Thank you ladies Now for what you stopped by for. I have a lot of bird related patterns, especially ones that are chickens This quilt I made last year from a pattern in Quiltmania. Then here are a few more patterns I had and thought about doing. But time wasn't on my side for a big project.  You see I'm going to see "the little dudes" next week, it's their first birthday. Blake and Ben, my "little dudes" Can't believe it's been a year already. OK back to topic here.  A couple of years ago while at the Dallas Quilt show I purchased this pincushion.   I thought it was interesting but what I really wanted was the pattern. It came from a shop in Texas,...