Skip to main content

Flash From The Past

The first of this month was the 5 years anniversary of my blog.
I had no idea that I would still be writing and sharing my life five years later, besides the fact that I still get great enjoyment doing it.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to share the celebration with you. I have figure out a good thank you.
I was thinking today and thought about going back into the archives and re-post some of my favorite posts.
I realize this should of been done this last month, especially since I wasn't writing about anything,  plus it would of been a prelude to the anniversary date.
Oh, well A day late, A dollar short as the saying go.
Hope you enjoy, 
The first post was very short and funny to think I was so excited that I had another person viewed it.
To this date it has 12 views.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh so cute

This weekend we work the cows but not the calves. Here are a few of the calves separated from their moms, patiently waiting until the moms were done.


That's it. 
So funny is that I remember spending hours working out this blogger thing and that was all I had completed.
I was so happy and frustrated at the same time,

It took two days before I made my next attempted.


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hello

I have been thinking about starting this for some time now and decided it was now or never. My goal is to share a part of what I do here at the farm raising cattle, chickens ( for personal enjoyment ) and growing organic veggies. But just part of my life, then there is the real passion quilting, knitting and embroidering. This will be a learning experience that I am looking forward to and hope I can bring some enjoyment to you.  Love to here comments of all sorts. Especially one to help me through this new endeavour.


and later that day I posted this too. This one was so hard to do with pictures and placement.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

another block done


I just finished  this block
 
The snowman quilt is a pattern that Marilyn McSpadden of Kansas designed. I think it is one of the cutest snowman patterns out there. Right now it is being offered as a BOM at Sager Creek Quilts and Yarn works  I know that it is still available.                             The block to the right is another quilt I have started that was offered  as McCall's pattern. It is also in a book called Fancy to Frugal. I just fell in love with this pattern  I did stay with black for the points and centers. Something about the striking contrast I just had to do. Right now I only have two of the sixteen done. But they do not take too long to do. This has been a good project for using up some of my 30's fabric


This block I just finished this block this evening. It too was offered as a BOM in 2009 at the Rabbit Lairs in Rogers Ark.  Kay Harmon picked the fabric and color choices.Kathleen Myers did an overdye to  the fabric. The pattern is a Blackbird design called Vintage Charm Quilt and I'm doing Alma's quilt. Applique is my all time passion in quilting. I love the look of a design stitch on top of a block.
As you can see I have more than one project. There is so many beautiful  quilts I want to make. And heaven know I have to work on using up my stash.
You might also like:

This all has been a blessing for me.
Till next time,
Wishing you many blessing.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your achievements with your blog, I always enjoy my visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness 5 years, Congratulations! I remember how nervous I was to start my own blog and how hard I worked on those first posts. I still put a lot of time into posting trying to make each one interesting. I always enjoy visiting you and hearing about what's going on in your world thanks for sharing a part of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blogaversary!! Here's to many more years blogging to come! It is funny looking back at old posts and seeing how things have changed isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your blogaversary! I love that first post. Hope to see many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up on old posts but congrats on 5 years... I always enjoy visiting..... Well done.... Looking forward to the next 5....,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and will try my best to reply back by email most of the time. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Time with Dots

Welcome to my blog, I hope you can take a moment to check out my blog. Here you will find that I like to share a lot of what happens on my farm here in NE Oklahoma. You get a little of life with cows and chickens, my struggles with growing an organic vegetable garden, canning, cooking and my love for quilting, knitting and most anything that has needlework involved. Plus some.... I love the fact that I can join in on such a fun hop. Thanks goes to our cheerleader Corrie from   Quilt Taffy   She will have the schedule to the entire blog hop. And special thanks to M adame Samm from  Sew WE Quilt for setting this up.  I am sharing my day with these wonderful bloggers Why Knot Kwilt  Stitchin by the Lake Beth @ Plum and June The Recipe Bunny Sunshine Girl Aunt Marti The Fuzzy Hat Quilter Cliodana Now all the formality done, lets get on with what you came for,  a fun project w...

How to Make a Portable Design Wall

I had wanted to get a portable design wall to take to retreats but did not want to pay the price. Looked at various pins on pinterest and took ideas from more than one to come up with my verison. It worked out great and only cost a fraction of the price. The PVC pipes, joints and 2 yards of felt cost under $22.00 My design wall is 4' x 4' which stands approximately 5 1/5' tall. For this size need 2 - 10ft length of 3/4" PVC pipe for the frame and 4ft of 1" PVC pipe for the feet Cut the 3/4" PVC into 4 - 4' section                                                                                       2 - 1' section              Cut the 1"  PVC into 4 - 1' section        ...

It's for the Birds

WHOO  - WHOO It's my day for 'It's for the birds" blog hop.  Before I start I need to give thanks to our cheerleaders  and If it wasn't for all their hard work this hop would not of happen.  Thank you ladies Now for what you stopped by for. I have a lot of bird related patterns, especially ones that are chickens This quilt I made last year from a pattern in Quiltmania. Then here are a few more patterns I had and thought about doing. But time wasn't on my side for a big project.  You see I'm going to see "the little dudes" next week, it's their first birthday. Blake and Ben, my "little dudes" Can't believe it's been a year already. OK back to topic here.  A couple of years ago while at the Dallas Quilt show I purchased this pincushion.   I thought it was interesting but what I really wanted was the pattern. It came from a shop in Texas,...